Upcoming in 5782
- Lag b’Omer
- 18 May 2022, 7-9 pm
- 5 June 2022, 10 am- 3 pm
Our goal for the future is, in addition to continuing ritual at Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Hanukkah, and Pesach, we add Sukkot and possibly Shavuot again.
Past ritual events
Previously in 5782
- Purim: 14 Adar II – Observed 20 March 2022 jointly with CJJ
- Passover Seder: 15 – 22 Nisan
- 17 April 2022; there was also a Toddler Passover event.
- Hanukkah: 25 Kislev – 2 Tevet – Check out the zine accompanying our nightly offerings.
- 28 November – 6 December 2021 (all 8 nights, first seven online at 6:30pm ET; note 12/5 is final evening, in person at 4:30, zoom at 5pm)
- High Holidays
- This year our chapter’s Erev Rosh Hashanah potluck was turned into a lovely outdoor gathering (thanks delta variant).
- We held a zoom Shabbat Shuvah shacharit service with visitors from near and far and wrote an article for our dvar.
- We held a gorgeous tashlich at the Eno River with time for private reflection along with some togetherness time, poetry, and singing.
- Our chapter wrapped things up with a Yizkor service centered around kids and their needs followed by a Neilah service. It was wonderful to see both familiar and new faces in attendance.
5781 and before
- Shavuot observance and education: Occupation 101 with Professor Sarah Shields. Sarryn created an amazing poem for the occasion, “There’s no new water”, and brought first fruits to share.
- Solidarity Shabbat for Palestine that earned local news coverage! Check out some photos. YM, Dana, and Rania Masri were three of the many speakers who slayed. We relocated at the last minute due to a storm, and still had an impressive turnout, a testament to the resonance of this event.
- Shabbat in the Streets in Chapel Hill.